Equipped with a state-of-the-art medical facility and high-tech safety features, Legacy Hotel and Residences is not your typical high-rise building.
Five stories to know for June 25:
1. Rescue crews picked through tons of rubble looking for survivors after the collapse of part of an oceanfront apartment tower near Miami, where officials reported at least one person dead and nearly 100 missing.
2. Hours after President Joe Biden declared “We have a deal” to renew the infrastructure of the United States, the Senate’s top Republican lashed out at plans to follow the $1.2 trillion bipartisan bill with another measure funding what Democrats call “human infrastructure.”
3. Former Minneapolis policeman Derek Chauvin will be sentenced for murdering George Floyd in May 2020 after a trial that was widely seen as a watershed moment in the history of U.S. policing.
4. An indigenous group in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan said it had found the unmarked graves of an estimated 751 people at a now-defunct Catholic residential school, just weeks after a similar, smaller discovery rocked the country.
5. The U.S. government, once openly dismissive of UFO sightings that for decades sparked the popular imagination, is poised to issue an expansive account of what it calls “unidentified aerial phenomena,” based heavily on observations by American military pilots.
Miami, officially the City of Miami, is a coastal metropolis located in southeastern Florida in the United States. It is the third most populous metropolis on the East coast of the United States, and it is the seventh largest in the country.
CHAPTERS: 0:00 Intro 0:41 SOUTH BEACH: Ocean Drive, Art Deco District, Miami Beach 1:42 Key Biscayne 2:37 NEIGHBORHOODS: Little Havana, Little Haiti, Wynwood 4:38 MUSEUMS: Frost Museum of Science, Pérez Art Museum, Vizcaya Museum 5:23 Miami history 6:27 Downtown Miami 6:34 SHOPPING: Bayside Marketplace, etc. 7:09 Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden 7:37 EVERGLADES: Airboat, etc. 8:10 Animal encounters
South Beach is known for its beaches and the glamorous scene around its happening nightspots and celebrity-chef eateries. Chain stores and indie fashion shops line pedestrian shopping strip Lincoln Road Mall. On Ocean Drive, known for its well-preserved art deco architecture, outdoor cafes offer a ringside view of the scene. Museums include the Wolfsonian-FIU, which has a collection of modern art and objects.
Miami, officially the City of Miami, is a metropolis located in southeastern Florida in the United States. It is the third most populous metropolis on the East coast of the United States, and it is the seventh largest in the country.
Miami officially the City of Miami, is a metropolis located in southeastern Florida in the United States. It is the third most populous metropolis on the East coast of the United States, and it is the seventh largest in the country. The city is an economic powerhouse, serving as the financial and business capital of Latin America. The city has the third tallest skyline in the U.S. with over 300 high-rises, 55 of which exceed 491 ft (150 m).
Today AD brings you to the heart of Miami Beach, FL to visit a $7.1M ultra-luxurious duplex penthouse located in the iconic flamingo pink Portofino Tower. Built in 1997, Italian designer and architect Romano Ferretti has completely remodeled lower penthouse unit 4004, complementing the remarkable views of South Beach with sophisticated touches like a galley style kitchen with Gaggenau appliances. And to add to that certain Miami sex-appeal, the main shower on the second floor overlooks the living room – either fogged up for privacy or fully on display looking north along the beach.
NEJM talks with Dr. Julian Flores, who works in a Broward County, Florida, emergency room.
When he was interviewed, the count of Covid-19 cases stood at 412, less than 12 hours later, the new number was 505. He’s expecting the wave to hit hard there. Broward is home to Fort Lauderdale (think spring break) and Pompano Beach (think aging retirees). Couple those demographics with a lack of easy testing for the virus, and you’ve got a worrisome situation.
From a RestaurantBusinessOnline.com release:
Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami Beach, Fla., is the top-grossing independent restaurant in the country, according to Restaurant Business’ annual ranking of the Top 100 Independents. In its first time in the top spot, the restaurant brought in more than $38 million in 2018.
To read more: https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/top-100-independents-2019?year=2019&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWlRZMU5tRXdOakJoTTJNMCIsInQiOiJtVHAzTWJoRFI5R3d0YWExNTAyUUs4Z3huZFpSa0NJTWs4TXFcL2R3azZodWo0QWxDaG9CMEs4Slh1dDFnd1BEd214OGhsRjdFXC9Lc21iZlFjSXN4ZTY1U3NlUkhWV1wvREExeFJZRVZhQWpBa1lyZytKbngrUUJuWWU5T1YwbmpiWiJ9