NPR’s Tamara Keith and Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report join Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest political news, including what to look for in upcoming state primaries, President Trump’s campaign messaging about former Vice President Joe Biden and Biden’s deliberations about choosing a running mate.
Off the coast of South Africa the sardine run is underway. Sharks, birds and even a surprise guest gorge themselves on thousands of sardines.
After an unprecedented drop in air travel due to the coronavirus, passenger airlines are being forced to make long-term, make-or-break decisions at a time of great uncertainty and minimal cash flow. So how are they planning to survive? WSJ finds out.
Composite: George Downs/The Wall Street Journal
Filmed and Directed by: Jesse Roesler
Produced by: Credo Nonfiction
Featuring: Alan Bergo, Forager Chef
Edited by: Sam Kaiser
From James Beard Award-winning filmmaker Jesse Roesler and renowned Forager Chef Alan Bergo, The Wild Harvest is a new foraging & cooking series that celebrates the beauty and bounty of nature and explores what’s culinarily possible with easily foraged wild foods. This series is being created safely during quarantine using social distancing measures.
Episode 3 features the bounty of mid summer in the northern hemisphere including a wild greens salad, walleye wrapped in squash leaves with chanterelles and a blueberry desert that captures the spirit of the pine barrens. Featured foraged ingredients include Lamb’s Quarters, Chickweed, Purslane, Bee Balm, Chanterelles, Wild Blueberries, Sweet Fern, Hazelnuts.
We hope to release a new episode every 3-4 weeks for free, but are currently seeking sponsors.
With so many of us staying at home these days and spending more time in the kitchen, vanilla sales, of all things, are booming. Correspondent Seth Doane travels to the island of Madagascar – which supplies 80% of the world’s vanilla – to learn more about the extraordinarily colorful (and sometimes unsavory) story of a familiar spice, and why this valuable cash crop can be worth more by weight than silver.
Featured Electric Aircraft and Airplanes:
- 0:28 Bye Electric eFlyer All-electric training aircraft https://electricflyer.com/ Starts at USD $350,000
- 1:18 Yuneec E430 Low maintenance & simple to fly https://www.yuneec.com/en_US/home.html Starts at USD $89,000
- 1:58 Eviation Alice World’s first all-electric commuter https://www.eviation.co/ Starts at USD $4,000,000
- 2:49 Colomban Cri-Cri Smallest twin-motored manned aircraft Designed by Michel Colomban. Price depends on the build
- 3:34 EuroSport Crossover Two-seat motor glider Designed by Eurosport Aircraft Price unavailable
- 4:17 Long ESA Aircraft First electric aircraft to break 200 mph http://www.flightofthecentury.com/ Price depends on the build
- 4:54 Pipistrel ALPHA Electro World’s first two-seat electric trainer https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/ Starts at USD $98,000
- 5:49 AutoFlightX V600 Dual-wing, two-seater https://autoflightx.com/ Price unavailable
- 6:45 Pipistrel Taurus Electro First electric production two-seater https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/ Starts at USD $129,500
- 7:40 Airbus A3 Vahana Single-seat, tilt-wing eVTOL https://www.airbus.com/ Price unavailable
- 8:33 Sunseeker Duo First two-seat, solar powered airplane https://www.solar-flight.com/ Price unavailable
- 9:25 Ruppert Archaeopteryx High-wing, pod-and-boom, micro lift glider https://www.ruppert-composite.ch/en/ Starts at USD $78,000
- 10:17 NASA X-57 Maxwell Experimental aircraft from…NASA! https://www.nasa.gov/ Price unavailable
- 11:18 Solar Impulse 1 Experimental, long-range solar aircraft https://solarimpulse.com/ Price unavailable
- 12:12 Antares 23E Self-launch capable sailplane https://www.lange-aviation.com/ Price unavailable
Dietlind Schirmer (AKA Schirmer Shoots) built this self-build camper over the course of 6 months in cold, wintery England. She has done an incredible job with this van conversion and I would say it’s one of the best I’ve seen. The shower wet-room is really cool with it’s stone wall like finish and the way she has managed to fit a fixed double bed, permanent dining area, bathroom, kitchen and hidden storage for two surfboards is ingenious. Not to mention the massive underfloor storage and hidden secret compartment!
Filmed and Edited by: Martien Janssen
The ancient city of temples at Bagan, Myanmar, captured by drone. I’m quite proud of this movie, there’s nothing like this out there.
Bagan is an ancient city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Mandalay Region of Myanmar. From the 9th to 13th centuries, the city was the capital of the Pagan Kingdom, the first kingdom that unified the regions that would later constitute modern Myanmar.
Syndicated columnist Mark Shields and New York Times columnist David Brooks join Judy Woodruff to discuss the week in politics, including the question of whom Joe Biden will choose as his running mate, congressional failure to deliver another pandemic aid package and President Trump’s rhetoric about mail-in voting.
In this week’s episode of “Cocktails with a Curator,” decipher the significance of the many fascinating elements that compose the other large allegorical painting by Paolo Veronese at the Frick, “Choice Between Virtue and Vice,” with Deputy Director and Peter Jay Sharp Chief Curator Xavier F. Salomon. The program is paired with a Negroni Sbagliato, a twist on the cocktail from last week’s episode. Leave a comment below with your favorite detail!