Château de MontastrucThis splendid residence, the Château de Montastruc, is registered in its entirety as a Historical Monument. It is ideally positioned on a rocky promontory, and combines grandeur and simplicity, character and serenity, history and modernity. An ancient troglodyte site and fortress built during its 1500 years of history, the Château de Montastruc in Périgord is today a large and luminous family home and a warm haven of peace, close to major tourist sites of the Dordogne.
Château de Montastruc is offered in its entirety for seasonal rental and can comfortably accommodate up to twenty people for a romantic and perfect holiday in a large residence. It’s an ideal location for beautiful family occasions, holidays with friends, notable events, or a French wedding, the château can be yours for a whole week with daily service. Ten rooms and many common rooms on more than 1,000 square meters, a pool of 15 x 6 meters, a large park and forests are at your disposal.
The Périgord is a natural region and former province of France, which corresponds roughly to the current Dordogne département, now forming the northern part of the Aquitaine région. It is divided into four areas called the Périgord Noir, the Périgord Blanc, the Périgord Vert and the Périgord Pourpre.
Join exhibition curators Desmond Shawe-Taylor and Isabella Manning as they tour the highlights of the exhibition ‘Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace’. With an introduction from Director of the Royal Collection Tim Knox.
The exhibition brings together some of the most important paintings in the Royal Collection from the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace. Usually on public view during the annual Summer Opening of the Palace, the paintings will be shown in The Queen’s Gallery while Reservicing works are carried out to protect the historic building for future generations. The Picture Gallery was originally designed by the architect John Nash for George IV to display his collection of Dutch, Flemish and Italian Old Master paintings. Artists represented in the exhibition include Titian, Guercino, Guido Reni, Vermeer, Rembrandt, van Dyck, Rubens, Jan Steen, Claude and Canaletto.
The Morgan Library & Museum, formerly the Pierpont Morgan Library, is a museum and research library in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It is situated at 225 Madison Avenue, between 36th Street to the south and 37th Street to the north.
A complex of buildings in the heart of New York City, The Morgan Library & Museum began as the private library of financier Pierpont Morgan (1837–1913), one of the preeminent collectors and cultural benefactors in the United States. As early as 1890 Morgan had begun to assemble a collection of illuminated, literary, and historical manuscripts, early printed books, and old master drawings and prints.
Mr. Morgan’s library, as it was known in his lifetime, was built between 1902 and 1906 adjacent to his New York residence at Madison Avenue and 36th Street. Designed by Charles McKim of the architectural firm McKim, Mead & White, the library was intended as something more than a repository of rare materials. Majestic in appearance yet intimate in scale, the structure was to reflect the nature and stature of its holdings. The result was an Italian Renaissance-style palazzo with three magnificent rooms epitomizing America’s Age of Elegance. Completed three years before McKim’s death, it is considered by many to be his masterpiece. In 1924, eleven years after Pierpont Morgan’s death, his son, J. P. Morgan, Jr. (1867–1943), known as Jack, realized that the library had become too important to remain in private hands. In what constituted one of the most momentous cultural gifts in U.S. history, he fulfilled his father’s dream of making the library and its treasures available to scholars and the public alike by transforming it into a public institution.
Over the years—through purchases and generous gifts—The Morgan Library & Museum has continued to acquire rare materials as well as important music manuscripts, early children’s books, Americana, and materials from the twentieth century. Without losing its decidedly domestic feeling, the Morgan also has expanded its physical space considerably.
In 1928, the Annex building was erected on the corner of Madison Avenue and 36th Street, replacing Pierpont Morgan’s residence. The Annex connected to the original McKim library by means of a gallery. In 1988, Jack Morgan’s former residence—a mid-nineteenth century brownstone on Madison Avenue and 37th Street—also was added to the complex. The 1991 garden court was constructed as a means to unite the various elements of the Morgan campus.
The largest expansion in the Morgan’s history, adding 75,000 square feet to the campus, was completed in 2006. Designed by Pritzker Prize–winning architect Renzo Piano, the project increases exhibition space by more than fifty percent and adds important visitor amenities, including a new performance hall, a welcoming entrance on Madison Avenue, a new café and a new restaurant, a shop, a new reading room, and collections storage. Piano’s design integrates the Morgan’s three historical buildings with three new modestly scaled steel-and-glass pavilions. A soaring central court connects the buildings and serves as a gathering place for visitors in the spirit of an Italian piazza.
B&H Photo Video (also known as B&H Photo and B&H and B&H Foto & Electronics Corporation) is an American photo and video equipment retailer founded in 1973, based in Manhattan, New York City. B&H conducts business through online e-commerce consumer sales, business to business sales, and its one retail location. Customers engage with B&H via its websites, retail store, phone sales and customer service, email, and chat channels.
B&H stands for Blimie & Herman, the founders of the store. B&H was named the leading online consumer electronics retailer by Consumers Reports for 2018. Newsweek named B&H as one of America’s Top Companies for Customer Service for 2019, with top position in the consumer electronics category based on over 130,000 customer evaluations. In 2018, Forbes named B&H as one of America’s Best Mid-Size Employers. Also in 2018, B&H’s consumer website was recognized as the Best for User Experience of any e-commerce company by the Baymard Institute.
The St. Regis Venice combines historic legacy with modern luxury in a privileged location beside the Grand Canal surrounded by views across some of Venice’s most iconic monuments. Avant-garde in outlook and revolutionary in design, the hotel is an expression of the cultural curiosity of Venice and the innovation of modern-day against a pedigreed backdrop.
Magnificent and elegant luxury villa in Tuscany built in 1893 in the late Tuscan Renaissance style that dominates the plain of Pistoia and offers a spectacular panoramic view towards Florence. The exclusive villa near Florence is a testimony of the aesthetic culture of the end of the century and of the taste of high society of that time, with the creation of unique and exclusive artifacts and locals for the most important persons of the nobility and of the rich international community that, at that time, was attending Florence.
The most famous artist-decorators then active in Tuscany, such as Peter Baldoncoli Francesco Morini, Mariano Coppedè and Giuseppe Michelucci, participated in the realization of this residence, which is typical of Sixteenth-century style and it was celebrated as a dwelling worthy of the Renaissance. The interiors feature rich finishes, beautiful antique furnishings and wonderful wall-paintings.
91 Ram Island Drive is the culmination of twenty years of work by internationally renowned architect William Pedersen. A triumph of contemporary design and expertly crafted by Wright and Company Construction, the house sits on almost 3 acres of rolling native meadow that gently slopes onto over 220 feet of pristine beach, with Gardiners Bay beyond.
Based on a multi-axis linear framework and emphasizing the contrasting textures of the primary building materials of concrete, wood, copper and bluestone, the structure is at once both awe-inspiring and effortlessly comfortable. Set at the convergence of three distinct landmarks – the lighthouse in Gardiners Bay, Gardiners Island and the entrance to Coecles Harbor – an unparalleled 360-degree panoramic view unfolds in front of the property.
The house itself seems to rise like an island from the water, as was the conceptual inspiration for the design. Clad in stone and sheets of standing seam copper, the 3-bedroom residence offers an open flow between the public spaces at the heart of the home, the expansive outdoor entertaining areas that define the summer lifestyle and the long passageway of the private bedroom wing. Singular in design and function, 91 Ram Island Drive is, in every sense, a habitable work of art.
Located on top of a hill overlooking a historic center of Piedmont, we find this imposing medieval castle for sale in Italy, masterfully restored and converted into a luxury 28-bedroom hotel. In a very panoramic position, the castle is also the ideal location for weddings, ceremonies and congresses thanks to a set of beautiful conference halls (up to 250 seats) and a welcoming restaurant (400 seats) offering typical Piedmontese and international dishes.
A tour of Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo in Sicily, Italy. Located beside an ancient Greek theater, the 71 room hotel is decorated in exquisite Italian baroque style and boasts breathtaking views of the Mount Etna.
A Sicilian hideaway that fuels the imagination. Set in the heart of Taormina, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo serves up views that have enchanted for more than a century
The first hotel to be built in the city gazes out across the coast towards Mount Etna and beyond. Here you can breathe in the full spectacle of Sicily. Bask in manicured gardens, savour sensational cuisine and fuel your imagination with cocktails on the Literary Terrace—just like generations of celebrated guests before you. Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is now open. Please click the link below to find out why we are trusted for travel.
Villa Fatti, one of the symbols of Sansepolcro’s recent history. On the hills overlooking the beautiful historic center of the town, in a very panoramic position with a spectacular view over the underlying Tiber Valley, we find a magnificent 2,610-sqm manorial villa with park and Italian garden. Laid over five floors, this impressive building currently houses 10 beautiful bedrooms (with the possibility of creating many more), offices and a huge professional kitchen ideal to start a prestigious restaurant, maybe coupled with a luxury boutique hotel.