Featured Electric Aircraft and Airplanes:
- 0:28 Bye Electric eFlyer All-electric training aircraft https://electricflyer.com/ Starts at USD $350,000
- 1:18 Yuneec E430 Low maintenance & simple to fly https://www.yuneec.com/en_US/home.html Starts at USD $89,000
- 1:58 Eviation Alice World’s first all-electric commuter https://www.eviation.co/ Starts at USD $4,000,000
- 2:49 Colomban Cri-Cri Smallest twin-motored manned aircraft Designed by Michel Colomban. Price depends on the build
- 3:34 EuroSport Crossover Two-seat motor glider Designed by Eurosport Aircraft Price unavailable
- 4:17 Long ESA Aircraft First electric aircraft to break 200 mph http://www.flightofthecentury.com/ Price depends on the build
- 4:54 Pipistrel ALPHA Electro World’s first two-seat electric trainer https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/ Starts at USD $98,000
- 5:49 AutoFlightX V600 Dual-wing, two-seater https://autoflightx.com/ Price unavailable
- 6:45 Pipistrel Taurus Electro First electric production two-seater https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/ Starts at USD $129,500
- 7:40 Airbus A3 Vahana Single-seat, tilt-wing eVTOL https://www.airbus.com/ Price unavailable
- 8:33 Sunseeker Duo First two-seat, solar powered airplane https://www.solar-flight.com/ Price unavailable
- 9:25 Ruppert Archaeopteryx High-wing, pod-and-boom, micro lift glider https://www.ruppert-composite.ch/en/ Starts at USD $78,000
- 10:17 NASA X-57 Maxwell Experimental aircraft from…NASA! https://www.nasa.gov/ Price unavailable
- 11:18 Solar Impulse 1 Experimental, long-range solar aircraft https://solarimpulse.com/ Price unavailable
- 12:12 Antares 23E Self-launch capable sailplane https://www.lange-aviation.com/ Price unavailable
The eBussy is the most innovative and modular light vehicle in the world. It generates a daily range of up to 200 km via its integrated solar modules and recuperating drives.
The Ecocapsule is an egg-shaped, mobile dwelling that utilises solar and wind energy. Sona Pohlova and Tomáš Žáček created the original design in 2014 for an American client “who had a big ranch where he didn’t have any infrastructure and he needed some living units for visitors”.
They didn’t win the project, but were published worldwide and received requests from people to buy it. They weren’t prepared for the reaction, but they spent 5 years turning their plans into a prototype.
Today they are selling their EcoCapsule – complete with shower and toilet, sleeping area for two, and kitchenette – to anyone looking to “stay in the nature for long time, for example scientists, photographers, rangers or extreme tourists” or someone interested in installing one on a city rooftop.
The pods are highly mobile: they can easily be pulled by a pickup truck or even airlifted by helicopter (for those rooftop needs). The units capture sun energy (PV) as well as their own rainwater (and grey and blackwater). There’s even an app-controlled smart-home system and sensors that help you monitor your energy and water use.
BLOOMBERG CITYLAB (JULY 23, 2020) – Users say they enjoy Townscaper’s calm ambiance, with no background music apart from the occasional plips and plops of material falling into the digital ocean, and they derive particular pleasure from the simple mechanics of the game — left click: you build something, right click: you destroy it.
When Oskar Stalberg announced the release of Townscaper a few weeks ago, he made a point of calling it a “toy” rather than a video game — because it has no goal apart from the sheer enjoyment and satisfaction you get from seeing a pretty town rising from the sea as you click.
Even though Stalberg had figured people would enjoy his creation, he hadn’t predicted the following it would gain among both designers and game developers — and what they would create with it. So far, the $5.99 game has been met with overwhelmingly positive reviews (more than 2,600 versus 35 negative ones).
E-gravel is about escaping your routine. Getting off-grid and back again. Fast. With its powerful Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4 motor, the Grail:ON surges over any terrain, turning day-long outings into hour-long blasts. Take the fastest line to the highest point. Experience Electrified Escape. Experience the Grail:ON.
Philips Virtual Care Station, inspired by the VA’s ATLAS program, is a community-based telehealth solution designed to expand access to high-quality care by connecting patients and providers remotely through a secure, clinical-grade environment.
Streaming has become this decade’s preferred way of listening to music. It’s an $11 billion dollar industry, making up 47% of global music industry revenues, and Spotify has become the clear winner globally in terms of paid subscribers. Taking on behemoths like Apple, Amazon and Google, Spotify has dominated the global streaming music industry with about 130 million premium subscribers world-wide. Recently, Spotify secured distribution deals with Joe Rogan and Kim Kardashian West to produce podcasts for the platform. Watch CNBC’s deep-dive into how Spotify started, how it became the audio leader, and where what’s to come next.
To begin with, Energy Observer is the name of the first hydrogen-powered, zero-emission vessel to be self-sufficient in energy, advocating and serving as a laboratory for ecological transition. Now an organisation that combines expeditions and innovations, Energy Observer is exploring and developing solutions that prove that another future for energy is possible, an optimistic future, which is more respectful of the planet and those who live here.
Technology is finally innovating diabetes management. With the advancement in technologies like continuous glucose monitors, traditional insulin pumps are evolving into smarter devices that can automate insulin delivery.
Medtronic and Tandem Diabetes are the only two companies to offer hybrid closed loop systems. A community of diabetics are also hacking pumps to do the same thing. CNBC’s Erin Black just switched from the hacked system to Tandem’s Control-IQ and takes a look at how insulin pumps are getting smarter.
The Concept Bike is designed as an Urban Sports Cruiser – its carbon frame with fully integrated front and rear suspension offers maximum comfort for city adventures, commuter trips and off-road trails.
The Bosch drive system merges with the frame and handlebar to form one unit in this design concept.
The perfect integration of the Performance Line CX, the PowerTube 625, the new Nyon on-board computer and the Bosch eBike ABS make the eBike Design Vision a visual experience.