Often regarded as the most haunted city in the U.S., New Orleans has a deep history of ghosts, pirates, murder, and mayhem. Join our local expert for a guided walking tour of the infamous French Quarter and its most notorious landmarks to see why it’s been a hotspot for ghost enthusiasts from all over the world.
Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas, Crete is a brand new luxury 5* resort, which opened in April 2010 and is nestled on a hillside overlooking the exclusive Daios Cove. Located right on the waterfront with a private sandy beach, masterfully blending the surrounding landscape together with a unique private bay and direct access to the crystalline waters, the Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas has become the unsurpassed destination. Designed by esteemed architecture firm 3SK Stylianidis, Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas evokes the intimate charm of the traditional villages found throughout the Greek isles, expressed in an elegant, contemporary aesthetic.
All 300 spacious rooms, suites and villas, most with private heatable pools range from 42m2 to 560m2 , boasting spectacular views of the Mediterranean. The unparalleled choice of accommodation that includes Deluxe Sea View Rooms, Deluxe Sea View Rooms with Individual Pool, Junior Suites with Private Pool, One Bedroom Suites, One- or Two-Bedroom Villas with Private Pool, Wellness Villas with Private Pool, and Two- or Three-Bedroom Family Villas are conceived to meet any expectation.
The Eliseo is the great novelty of the Campervan concept made by Bürstner. It combines van life and maximum comfort in a compact space, so that you can easily get started anytime, anywhere.
The Eliseo includes, among others extra high front cut out including cladding with skyroof (option), many cleverly installed shelves and a new roller blind door to the bathroom. It is cosy thanks to dimmable and indirect lighting, the pleasant seating area with a new upholstery design and the functional living and kitchen area.
An extremely functional toilet cubicle with a fixed sink, pull-out shower head and window: everything has been thought of in a Bürstner bathroom so that you can enjoy this daily ritual with all your senses.
- driver and front passenger airbags
- aluminium window frame
- roof light in living room, bedroom and toilet with blackout blind and fly screen
- central locking and electric windows
- 11 paint finishes to choose from (white as standard, 10 more optional at a cost)
- ESP including ASR and Hill Holder
- ABS (Anti-lock braking system)
- skyroof (optional)
- “Bahia” furniture décor
- compressor refrigerator (75L up to 130L depending on floorplan)
- comprehensive lighting concept (on wall units, in bow extension and on bench)
- Home light battery light and charging station
- multi-zone cold foam mattresses for all bed variants
- seat with tilt adjustment
- 3 upholstery options with quilted pattern
- pop-top roof with bed (optional)
- ISOFIX system for two child seats
- bathroom with roller door
- Panoramic SKYVIEW roof for greater light and a modern, stylish exterior
- TOUCH reading spotlight in cab
- Metallic bodywork paint (choice of Aluminium Grey or Iron Grey)
- Lithium battery pre-wiring
- Reinforced rear tyre suspension for greater driving comfort
- 16” light alloy FIAT rims
- New LIMITED chrome strip on rear number plate trim
- COMFORT + pack as standard
- +L2H1 CUSTOM FORD TRANSIT base vehicle
- +Compact 5.34 m
- +Dual interior access with double sliding door
- +Face-to-face dinette with panoramic view
- +Clean-up area with shower cubicle
- +18-litre cassette toilet with removable tank
- +Kitchen with separate hob and sink
- +Pop-up roof as standard
- +Storage under refrigerator
- +Dinette storage chest
- +WEBASTO DIESEL heating as standard
Bask in the chic surroundings of this Cycladic-style resort. Located on Crete’s northern coastline, Abaton offers elegant accommodation and panoramic sea views. Indulge mind, body and soul at the best Elemis spa together with a collection of restaurants offering Greek and international cuisine.
Crete, Greece’s largest island, is known for its varied terrain, which ranges from fine-sand beaches at Elafonisi to the White Mountains. Mt. Ida, the tallest of the range, is home to the Ideon Cave, which was the birthplace of Zeus, according to Greek mythology. The capital, Heraklion, is home to the renowned Heraklion Archaeological Museum, housing Minoan artifacts, and Knossos, a Bronze Age settlement.
Looking for the best mini camper trailers under 10,000 dollars, we have you covered with these remarkable designs. Coming up are the 10 best American made mini campers under 15-feet that won’t cost you a fortune. I’m Glenn, and let’s see what we found.
The first fully-fledged five-star resort in Greece, Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas put the the sleepy fishing village of Elounda in northeast Crete on the map in 1971. Since then half a dozen pretenders have squeezed into Mirabello bay, jostling for a sea-view slot, but Elounda Beach will always have the prime position.
Angelika Taschen set out in search of the most beautiful hotels on a great variety of coasts, islands and beaches, taking you on a journey to the luxurious Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and the ultra-chic Les Roches Rouges on the Côte d’Azur, to the little-known Pardini’s Hermitage on the Italian island of Giglio, which is only accessible by boat or on foot, and to Bodrum in Turkey, where the elegant Amanruya resort lies hidden in one of the most stunning bays in the Mediterranean.
The Mediterranean is surrounded by three continents – Europe, Africa and Asia – and even though the cultures around this sea are highly diverse, they harmoniously share a pleasant climate, distinctive flora and fauna, and not least the intense blue of the water.
She also presents new hotel concepts, great architecture and creative design – for example the finca Menorca Experimental on the Balearic Islands, the modernist Villa Dubrovnik in Croatia and Dexamenes on the Peloponnese, where new life was breathed into decommissioned wine tanks.
Further highlights are the brand-new, stylishly designed Mezzatorre on Ischia and the Torre di Cala Piccola with its enchanting private beach on the Argentario peninsula in Tuscany, an almost unknown location that possesses the aura of 1960s Italy. Another real gem is La Locanda del Barbablù, with just five rooms in the shadow of the mythical volcano on Stromboli. Look forward to staying at the Nord-Pinus in Tangier with its fantastic view of the Strait of Gibraltar, and the charming Coco-Mat Eco Residences on Serifos, or experiencing the originality of Ammos on Crete, where the art and design are as essential as the sun and the beach!
Angelika Taschen studied art history and German literature in Heidelberg, gaining her doctorate in 1986. Working for TASCHEN from 1987, she has published numerous titles on art, architecture, photography, design, travel, and lifestyle.
Christiane Reiter is a freelance author based in Brussels. She studied journalism at the University of Eichstätt and worked as a travel editor for Ringier Publishing in Munich and Zurich. Later, she established the travel section of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
Wind your way through narrow alleyways, the scent of wisteria in the air. Walk across the hidden cobbled courtyards. Stop to take in mesmerising views of the surrounding hills. Hôtel Crillon le Brave makes quite a first impression. A quintessentially French hideaway that fuses the charms of a 17th-century hamlet with contemporary luxury.
The hotel’s nine stone houses will whisk you back in time. But the rooms and suites give Provençal traditions a distinctly modern twist. Think terracotta tiles, colourful throws and handpicked antique furniture. Once you’ve settled in, make your way to the outdoor pool for a relaxing swim. Or wander to the spa for a restorative massage. And while the sun sets over the slopes of Mont Ventoux in the distance, dine on Mediterranean-inspired cuisine.
The Alphavan is built on Mercedes’ largest Sprinter, the 736-cm (290-in)-long extra-long-wheelbase variant with super-high (299-cm+) roof. For comparison, that van is nearly 1.5 m (5 ft) longer than the Sprinter 144 that underpins notable campers like the Winnebago Revel and Westfalia James Cook.
ALPHA Living Space
- Spacious living room conveys home feeling
- Choose from two different styles
- Soft line: modern structured wooden finish combined with warm grey surfaces
- Pure line: soft earthy white finish combined with warm grey surfaces
- Seating covers can be exclusively individualized based on your request
- Feel yourself like home with a fantastic ceiling height of 2.10m (made possible by the extra height of the base vehicle)
- High quality design kitchen
- Single cast countertop – smooth rounded edges
- Spacious drawers, feather-light movement and premium Soft-Close technology
- Brushed stainless steel push locks enriching the design surfaces
- Three generous compartments in the entry area allow for easy access of frequently used items
- Two stowing compartments with integrated LED background lighting provide high end atmosphere while realizing superb practicability
- A comfortably large 90 liters Dometic refrigerator in a central location welcomes you
- The countertop blends beautifully into a flush mount two-burner Thetford induction cooker
- High-end sink armatures underline the elegance of the interior
- Spacious and bright bathroom with outside window, style “white-pure”
- 100% water proof
- Single cast bathroom construction
- Polyurethane sealed edges
- Side window with 100% waterproof frame fittings
- Thetford toilet with SOG ventilation system
- Additional ceiling ventilation
- Space saving pull-out sink
- Extractable shower head
- Water-protected storage bin in the upper area for showering items
- Flush mount integrated bathroom door
- Premium door handle with innovative magnet lock
- Additional useful built-in closet between bathroom and sleeping area
- Clothes rail in upper part
- Shoe compartment in lower part
ALPHA Relax Area
- Sleeping space of 200x160cm
- High-end mattress
- Sophisticated ventilation concept:
- side-windows left and right for fresh air
- ceiling window allowing circulation and unforgettable star gazing during clear nights
- Windows with fly screens and separate shades
- Alpha FlexPort 220x170x128 cm (LxWxH)
- Integrated chair holders in the rear doors
- Lashing system in the floor and side walls for safely securing stored equipment
- Optional design storage bags for the side walls
- Convenient hooks on rear doors and front wall of FlexPort
- Seating and stowing capabilities on and inside the design round-edged floor cabinets left and right
- Single cast closing flaps of the cabinets with integrated Soft-Close technology and warm grey design