Amazon is on a spending spree to grow its fleet of planes, vans, semitrucks and drivers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS. Now, it’s using the added capacity to move cargo for outside customers, betting big on the business of third-party shipping while also shipping 72% of its own packages. CNBC talks to former Amazon executives and current customers using the shipping services to find out all about the behemoth’s next big move.
Giottiline is one of the most important Italian motorhome manufacturers, founded in 2004 and now a member of the French group Rapido, which offers a wide range of profiled, overcabed or full-size motorhomes, but also a choice of converted vans in a range called GiottiVan.
The Nissan Office Pod is more than a workstation: it’s a fully mobile van with just enough creature comforts to make a day at the office feel like a quiet vacation.
The van, a Nissan NV350 Caravan, features an office desk and chair, though it can slide in and out of the back of the van, giving workers an open-air working experience when it’s extended. It stows away inside when needed.
On top of the Office Pod is a balcony that’s accessible from the interior. Official video show off a large lounge space, a patio recliner, and a sizable umbrella. The van also features a golf ball-like exterior with a scallop-like pattern along its sides, which sits above the slightly widened fender extensions.
When you want the freedom and adventure of the outdoors, without the size and price tag of a motorhome, modern camper vans are an increasingly attractive option. From compact, tech-filled campers through to fully-equipped, rugged 4WD’s – there’s a lot to get excited about in the world of outdoor escapes. Let’s check out 10 of the most innovative camper vans coming in 2021
The Alphavan is built on Mercedes’ largest Sprinter, the 736-cm (290-in)-long extra-long-wheelbase variant with super-high (299-cm+) roof. For comparison, that van is nearly 1.5 m (5 ft) longer than the Sprinter 144 that underpins notable campers like the Winnebago Revel and Westfalia James Cook.
ALPHA Living Space
- Spacious living room conveys home feeling
- Choose from two different styles
- Soft line: modern structured wooden finish combined with warm grey surfaces
- Pure line: soft earthy white finish combined with warm grey surfaces
- Seating covers can be exclusively individualized based on your request
- Feel yourself like home with a fantastic ceiling height of 2.10m (made possible by the extra height of the base vehicle)
- High quality design kitchen
- Single cast countertop – smooth rounded edges
- Spacious drawers, feather-light movement and premium Soft-Close technology
- Brushed stainless steel push locks enriching the design surfaces
- Three generous compartments in the entry area allow for easy access of frequently used items
- Two stowing compartments with integrated LED background lighting provide high end atmosphere while realizing superb practicability
- A comfortably large 90 liters Dometic refrigerator in a central location welcomes you
- The countertop blends beautifully into a flush mount two-burner Thetford induction cooker
- High-end sink armatures underline the elegance of the interior
- Spacious and bright bathroom with outside window, style “white-pure”
- 100% water proof
- Single cast bathroom construction
- Polyurethane sealed edges
- Side window with 100% waterproof frame fittings
- Thetford toilet with SOG ventilation system
- Additional ceiling ventilation
- Space saving pull-out sink
- Extractable shower head
- Water-protected storage bin in the upper area for showering items
- Flush mount integrated bathroom door
- Premium door handle with innovative magnet lock
- Additional useful built-in closet between bathroom and sleeping area
- Clothes rail in upper part
- Shoe compartment in lower part
ALPHA Relax Area
- Sleeping space of 200x160cm
- High-end mattress
- Sophisticated ventilation concept:
- side-windows left and right for fresh air
- ceiling window allowing circulation and unforgettable star gazing during clear nights
- Windows with fly screens and separate shades
- Alpha FlexPort 220x170x128 cm (LxWxH)
- Integrated chair holders in the rear doors
- Lashing system in the floor and side walls for safely securing stored equipment
- Optional design storage bags for the side walls
- Convenient hooks on rear doors and front wall of FlexPort
- Seating and stowing capabilities on and inside the design round-edged floor cabinets left and right
- Single cast closing flaps of the cabinets with integrated Soft-Close technology and warm grey design
From a New Atlas online article:
French company Beauer has earned a lot of attention over the years for telescoping teardrop caravans that grow double or triple their size at the push of a button. Now the company’s bringing its tech to van life, launching a plug-and-play module that grows to create a large camper at camp and a smaller, nimbler van on the road. The X-Van installs in 10 minutes and extends the length of the van to add comfy sleeping quarters for two, giving a mid-size van the length of a full-size model.
After popping the tailgate, the owner merely hits a button on the pillar next to the driver seat and watches as the electrically actuated module sets up within a minute’s time. The only thing left to do is pop the expansion panels on the module’s sides to increase elbow room inside. The 25-mm sandwich construction keeps the temperature comfy inside.
From a AutoCar online article:
The van is new from the ground up, sitting on a new modular platform and featuring a 60kWh lithium ion powertrain said to endow it with a “power-to-weight efficiency that fully maximises the range of the vehicle”. It can fast charge to 80% in 30 minutes.
Morris Commercial ranks it alongside the Mini, Morris Minor and Land Rover Defender as a “truly iconic post-war British automotive design”.
Revived thanks to unnamed UK and European financial backing, Morris Commercial’s first production model since the 1960s has a 200-mile range, a 1000kg payload and a 2.5-tonne gross weight.
Company website: https://www.morris-commercial.com/
It’ll be priced from £60,000 and set to be built in the UK at an undisclosed location, with the design an engineering taking place in a facility in Worcestershire.
To read more: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/morris-commercial-revived-1940s-style-electric-van?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=&utm_content=ACAR%20ENews%20Bulletin%20-%20SUBS%20AD%20V5%20(14.11.2019)::article2_readmore&utm_source=20191114