Filmed and Edited by: Martien Janssen
Palawan, Philippines, one of word’s most beautiful islands seen from sky. This was the first trip with my drone, still trying to get the hang of it, but man what a fabulous place to fly! I traveled from the very north to the very south, this movie takes you along the trip.
– Coron island is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever, hiding 7 lakes and surrounded by countless gorgeous lagoons. Seeing from the sky is just sick.
– El Nido must be one of the best places on the planet for boat tours and island hopping. So many great places to visit, such gorgeous scenery. Book your own tour to avoid the big crowds! Leave eary as well. If you can afford it of want to splash, there’s some crazy cool accommodation on the islands.
– Long Beach at San Vicente is the country’s longest beach at 14km. Soft white sand, no one on it, except a rediculous amount of sandflies that come alive at sunset.
– Port Barton is wonderful laid back little fishing town that’s great to escape the crowds and do some quiet island hopping tours.
– Honda Bay is famous for island hopping as well, but tourism and they way they handle tourism just seemed to ruin it all. Starfish island for example, has no more starfish.
– South Palawan is really off the beaten track, largely due to safety reasons. Still not sure if I’m brave or stupid, but I went anyway and absolutely loved staying at Bancalan island, which receives averagely 5 visitors a year. There were no facilities for tourists at all, so I ended up renting a room at a family’s house, who cooked for me and my buddy as well. We showered at the waterpump like the locals and slowly were able to make more contact with the shy locals. Spend a few days going out on fishing & island hopping trips, which was incredible and so opposite of El Nido, where there are so many boats, you can barely swim.
Music: ‘Ocean Blue’ by Simon Wilkinson