Rimini is a city on the Adriatic coast, in Italy’s Emilia-Romagna region. It’s known for its beachside nightclubs and shallow waters. South of the center, the Malatestiano Temple is a 15th-century reconstruction of an old Franciscan church, now a mausoleum for Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, a local nobleman. Nearby, the Malatesta-built Castel Sismondo is a medieval fortress now used for cultural events.
Video by: Smoppy’s Adventures
Filmed and Directed by: Arvīds Barānovs
In 2019 I led two expeditions into the wild Iceland. We skipped the most touristy spots you have probably seen a million times on Instagram and went deep into the Highlands and around the remote Westfjords including a long multi-day hike in Hornstrandir to find the real taste of this beautiful land.
In summer 2020 I will be returning with another Westfjords expedition and you’re welcome to join our small group: facebook.com/events/427469747931313/
eaglewood.pictures | instagram.com/arvids
Filmed and Edited by: Shawn Reeder
Oregon’s Coast is known throughout the world for its majestic rocky coastline, secluded beaches, forested sea stacks and magical vibe. Yet tucked away in the far southern reaches lies a particularly beautiful almost hidden gem, Oregon’s Secret Coast. A little over 2 years ago I made my first trip and instantly fell in love. It kind of reminds me of a mix between Big Sur and New Zealand, two of my favorite meetings of land and ocean.
That trip started a love affair that has had me return 5 times in the last two years, each time getting to know the magic of this land better while also getting to know myself better. There’s something about time by the ocean that is very introspective for me, and always has gems of insight that I discover like hidden treasures.
Filmed and Edited by: Martien Janssen
Palawan, Philippines, one of word’s most beautiful islands seen from sky. This was the first trip with my drone, still trying to get the hang of it, but man what a fabulous place to fly! I traveled from the very north to the very south, this movie takes you along the trip.
– Coron island is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever, hiding 7 lakes and surrounded by countless gorgeous lagoons. Seeing from the sky is just sick.
– El Nido must be one of the best places on the planet for boat tours and island hopping. So many great places to visit, such gorgeous scenery. Book your own tour to avoid the big crowds! Leave eary as well. If you can afford it of want to splash, there’s some crazy cool accommodation on the islands.
– Long Beach at San Vicente is the country’s longest beach at 14km. Soft white sand, no one on it, except a rediculous amount of sandflies that come alive at sunset.
– Port Barton is wonderful laid back little fishing town that’s great to escape the crowds and do some quiet island hopping tours.
– Honda Bay is famous for island hopping as well, but tourism and they way they handle tourism just seemed to ruin it all. Starfish island for example, has no more starfish.
– South Palawan is really off the beaten track, largely due to safety reasons. Still not sure if I’m brave or stupid, but I went anyway and absolutely loved staying at Bancalan island, which receives averagely 5 visitors a year. There were no facilities for tourists at all, so I ended up renting a room at a family’s house, who cooked for me and my buddy as well. We showered at the waterpump like the locals and slowly were able to make more contact with the shy locals. Spend a few days going out on fishing & island hopping trips, which was incredible and so opposite of El Nido, where there are so many boats, you can barely swim.
Music: ‘Ocean Blue’ by Simon Wilkinson
Filmed, Edited and Directed by: Stéphane Ridard
Camera: Rémy Solomon
Music: Florian Fourlin and Mickael Joseph
Filmed, Edited and Directed by: Dennis Schmelz
I’ve been waiting for these conditions since more than six years. A few days ago it was finally possible to capture my hometown Erfurt with fog during the golden hour, for a few minutes the whole town looked like a fairytale world. Lay back and enjoy this short edit of the beautiful Christmas market and the old town of Erfurt.
Music by: Patrick Hawes & Grace Davidson (“Quiet Waters”)