Where is the best place to live? What makes a city tick? How can we improve our lot? Monocle’s Quality of Life Survey has posed this question for the past 15 years and 2022’s July/August issue contains the latest. How does your city fare? Plus: hot looks, sunny stays and the perfect summer playlist.
- AT THE FRONT
- THE AGENDA: GLOBAL BRIEFINGS
- IN THE HOT SEAT Europe’s first chief heat officer reflects on a year in the hot seat.
- AFFAIRS A radical Lebanese MP, and Andrew Mueller on the Australian election.
- COMMENT A Dutch flower-and-plant fair is teaching the world how to green its urban environments.
- BUSINESS Croissant-mania consumes Berlin, and talent leaves China as a result of lockdown fatigue.
- CULTURE The 75th Cannes film festival, a Finnish art fair and the oldest bookseller school in France.
- DESIGN The Royal College of Art in London has a new wing and Venice’s Procuratie Vecchie reopens.