Adlestrop is a village and civil parish in the valley of the River Evenlode in the Cotswolds about 3 miles east of Stow-on-the-Wold in Gloucestershire, England. The parish is on the county boundary with Oxfordshire. The River Evenlode forms the southwest boundary of the parish.
The tiny village of Daylesford, a somewhat hidden gem, is another classic Cotswolds place to visit – not only for the fantastic Daylesford Farm Shop, owned by the Bamford’s, nestled nearby…
Daylesford is a small, privately owned village in Gloucestershire, England, on the border with Oxfordshire. It is situated just south of the A436 two miles east of Stow-on-the-Wold and five miles west of Chipping Norton. The village is on the north bank of the small River Evenlode.
Castel San Pietro Romano is a comune in the Metropolitan City of Rome in the Italian region of Latium, located about 35 kilometres east of Rome. In 2017, it had a population of 883.
Sovana is a small town in southern Tuscany, Italy, a frazione of Sorano, a comune in the province of Grosseto.
Manarola is a small town, a frazione of the comune of Riomaggiore, in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. It is the second-smallest of the famous Cinque Terre towns frequented by tourists, with a population of 353.
The origin of the village is linked to the need of the populations who lived on the Gulf of Gaeta to move to new settlements in a protected position on the surrounding hills, to defend against Saracen raids. Maranola is mentioned for the first time in 1029 and again in 1045, when it is indicated as castrum, a place fortified with walls and towers. In 1041 the existence of a “via carraria de Maranola” is also attested. Under the Caetani a new wall with three towers was then built, the only access to which was the so-called “ravellino”, demolished at the end of the 19th century. The village was placed under siege in 1347 by Nicola Caetani as part of the clashes conducted to regain Mola, Castellone and Traetto. His son, Onorato I Caetani, had a castle built there which took from him the name of “Castello Onorato”. In April 1400 it was besieged by the troops of Ladislao I of Naples. In the 15th century it had the status of a *university* and the statute states that it included the hamlets of Mamurrano, Ponzanello and Trivio in its territory. In 1414 the property was sold to Pietro Origlia, count of Caiazzo, but Cristoforo Caetani took it back by force. In 1428 it became an autonomous municipality together with a quarter of the territory of Maranola. In 1491 it was in possession of Caterina Pignatelli, in 1504 by Prospero Colonna and in 1691 it passed to the Carafa, who kept it until the abolition of feudalism in 1806.
Itri is a small city and comune the province of Latina, Lazio, central Italy. Itri is an agricultural centre divided in two parts by a small river, the Pontone. It lies in a valley between the Monti Aurunci and the sea, not far from the Gulf of Gaeta.
Monterubbiano is a town and comune in the Province of Fermo, in the Marche region of Italy. It is on a hill 8 kilometres from the Adriatic Sea.
Vallerano is a comune in the Province of Viterbo in the Italian region Latium, located about 60 kilometres northwest of Rome and about 13 kilometres southeast of Viterbo. Vallerano borders the following municipalities: Canepina, Caprarola, Carbognano, Fabrica di Roma, Soriano nel Cimino, Vignanello.
Sorano is a town and comune in the province of Grosseto, southern Tuscany. It as an ancient medieval hill town hanging from a tuff stone over the Lente River.
Located in the state of Michoacán Mexico, this church is the only remaining building left from the village of San Juan Parangaricutiro. On February 20, 1943, a volcano began to erupt, slowly consuming two villages in lava and ash.
It took almost a year for the lava to reach and melt the rocks around this small church. The Paricutin volcano continued to erupt for another eight years, but the small church withstood it all.
Nuevo San Juan Parangaricutiro is a small village in the Mexican state of Michoacán near the Parícutin volcano. The city is called “Nuevo” because the original San Juan Parangaricutiro was destroyed during the formation of the Parícutin volcano in 1943.
Parícutin is a cinder cone volcano located in the Mexican state of Michoacán, near the city of Uruapan and about 322 kilometers west of Mexico City. The volcano surged suddenly from the cornfield of local farmer Dionisio Pulido in 1943, attracting both popular and scientific attention.