From a JamesBeard.org release:
This year, the Foundation is pleased to once again partner with the Mushroom Council to host the Blended Burger Project*, which encourages chefs to create a healthier, more sustainable, and tastier burger that can be enjoyed by consumers across the country, while also educating diners about the many benefits of The Blend and the future of food.
Through our Impact Programs, the James Beard Foundation has become more involved in the conversations around health and sustainability in our food system. The Foundation is proud of its work on the Blended Burger Project™ along with our other programs including the James Beard Foundation Food Summit, the annual Leadership Awards, and the Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change.
The five fabulous winners of the 2019 contest are:
- Meredith Manee, Ritz-Carlton’s Burger Shack, Kapalua, Kapalua, HI
- Justin Medina, Playalinda Brewing Company – Brix Project, Titusville, FL
- Robert Repp, Hops at 84 East, Holland, MI
- Eric Rivera, Vintage Year, Montgomery, AL
- Jacqueline Sampson, Pompano Grill, Cocoa Beach, FL
To read more: https://www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject