January 13, 2023: In the first episode of the year, we look ahead at the next 12 months. Anny Shaw, the acting art market editor at The Art Newspaper, peers into her crystal ball and tries to predict the fortunes of the art market this year.
Then, Jane Morris, one of our editors-at-large, José da Silva, our exhibitions editor, and host Ben Luke select the museum projects, biennales and exhibitions that they are most looking forward to in 2023.Events discussed:
- The Grand Egyptian Museum: no confirmed opening date.
- \The National Portrait Gallery reopens on 22 June.
- Factory International, Manchester, also opens in June.
- Yayoi Kusama’s You Me and the Balloons opens there on 29 June, as does the Manchester International Festival.
- The Sharjah Biennial: Thinking Historically in the Present opens on 7 February.
- The Gwangju Biennial: Soft and Weak Like Water opens on 7 April.
- Celebration Picasso 1973-2023
- Vermeer opens at the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, on 10 February.