NPR’s Tamara Keith and Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report join William Brangham to discuss the latest political news, including the infrastructure deal, Congress’ packed summer agenda and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s political future after sexual harassment allegations.
Tag Archives: NY Gov. Cuomo
News: Top 5 Stories For August 9, 2021 (Reuters)
Five stories to know for August 9:
1. A raging wildfire in northern California is now the second-largest recorded in state history, officials said.
2. A senior aide to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo resigned in the wake of a state attorney general’s report that the governor sexually harassed 11 women.
3. The U.S. Senate moved slowly on Sunday toward passing a $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, held back by one Republican lawmaker who opposed speeding up a vote on the nation’s biggest investment in roads and bridges in decades.
4. Thousands of people have fled their homes on the Greek island of Evia as wildfires burned uncontrolled, with ferries on standby for more evacuations after taking many to safety by sea.
5. Extreme heat waves that previously only struck once every 50 years are now expected to happen once per decade because of global warming, a UN climate science report said.
Political Analysis: Brooks & Capehart On Covid-19 & New York Gov. Cuomo
New York Times columnist David Brooks and Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart join Judy Woodruff to discuss the week in politics, including what the results of two Ohio special congressional elections say about Republicans and Democrats, accusations against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and the ongoing politics of COVID-19.
Morning News Podcast: New Police Reform Bill, NY Governor & Security Risks
House cancels Thursday session after security agencies cite risk of new violence, Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he won’t resign, and a good boy gets reunited with his owner.
Morning News Podcast: J&J Vaccine Approval, New York Governor Cuomo
What will the approval of the J&J vaccine mean for the immunization effort, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo responds to sex-harassment claims, and a troop made up of homeless girls is on a mission to sell Girl Scout cookies in all 50 states.