Minsk is the capital and the largest city of Belarus, located on the Svislač and the Niamiha rivers. As the capital, Minsk has a special administrative status in Belarus and is the administrative centre of Minsk Region and Minsk District.
Belarus, officially the Republic of Belarus, is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Russia to the east and northeast, Ukraine to the south, Poland to the west, and Lithuania and Latvia to the northwest.
Five stories to know for May 24: Belarus diverts plane, Ronald Greene video, George Floyd, Jan. 6 Capitol riot, and China ultramarathon
1. Western politicians accused Belarus of state piracy amounting to a “warlike act” after Minsk forced a plane to land and arrested a dissident journalist.
2. More video of a fatal 2019 encounter of Ronald Greene with police in Louisiana was released by authorities late Friday.
3. Relatives of George Floyd, the Black man whose death triggered protests against racism and police brutality across the United States and around the world, gathered in a rally to mark the first anniversary of his death.
4. Republicans in Congress clashed over the need for an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
5. Twenty-one people were killed when extremely cold weather struck during an ultramarathon in rugged Gansu province in northwestern China.
DW Radio News 24/7 reports: Recently arrested Hong Kong media CEO Jimmy Lai vow that pro-democracy protests against China will continue, Belarus protests, and WHO reports 300,000 new Covid-19 cases in last 24 hours.
Remastered in 8K “Serenity” is a non-narrative short drone film, produced with the unique camera angle, facing straight down at -90º at the wonderful texture of earth landscapes.
Because of this and the subjects it captures, you can watch this film both horizontally or vertically. Here is a horizontal version, but you can see the vertical one, on my Instagram or IGTV.
The film itself is a 3 minutes blend of total tranquility and calmness that allows you to escape reality for just a short while. Shot in different places on earth such as Iceland, Norway, Spain, Portugal, Belarus and Russia, it shows the unique and gorgeous landscape at an unusual angle. So bring up the volume or put on headphones and immerse in it.