nature – November 24, 2022 issue:
- Lights, chemical reaction! Plastics take shape with help from UV light – Molecules activated by ultraviolet light kick-start polymerization and guide its progress.
- Butterfly stroke propels swimming robot to record speed – Soft robot that snaps its ‘wings’ overcomes the inefficiency of earlier swimming devices.
- How Venus keeps its cool – Earth’s planetary twin leaks heat into space from geologically active regions.
- High-speed imaging captures viruses as they creep up to cells – Microscopic methods show engineered viral particles zooming around cell surfaces.
- Overfished lobsters get big and plentiful when offered safe haven – Crustacean populations boomed after Norway established marine sanctuaries.