This beautiful historic villa, located on a scenic position, on one of the hill tops on the left side of the river Arno, a few kilometres from Florence, is now for sale. Its beautiful facade appears on the label of a wine that has made the history of Chianti Classico in the world: we are talking about Villa Antinori Monte Aguglioni, belonged to one of the great families of the Tuscan wine tradition from the late 19th century until the middle of last century. This beautiful villa, located just 5 kilometers from Florence, is rich in history. From 1498 to 1517 it was owned by the powerful Del Giocondo family who owned the famous Monna Lisa, wife of Francesco del Giocondo, called “La Gioconda,” painted by Leonardo Da Vinci in circa 1505. From here it seems that Baldo was the Aguglione, jurist and Florentine politician, contemporary of Dante, who the great poet mentions twice in his Divine Comedy as the “villan of Aguglione.” It was, in fact, the Aguglione to give judgment, September 2, 1311, which excluded Dante from the amnesty, preventing the return from exile. This is a rare complex from the 16th century, constituted by the manor house and other buildings of pertinence such as the keepers lodgings and other rural buildings of agricultural use. The property is surrounded by splendid parks and gardens, tree-lined alleys, vineyards and olive groves. A large wood surrounds and shelters this dreamlike property. There are two entrances: the main and original one is an iron double gate that allows access through a driveway, lined by cypress trees, that leads to the Italian style garden rich in ornamental plants and basins, which was originally designed by the English architect Cecil Pinsent, who created an actual park with rose beds, scented plants and symmetric flower beds. There is also a double ramp staircase leading to the main level.